- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Mogadishu (Somalia)
- Grade: International Specialist – Internationally recruited Volunteer
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: 2020-06-14
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Transport Section and Fleet Management supervisor, the Fleet Management Assistant UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Supervisor dispatch management and operations unit.
- Maintain record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made, and other expenses.
- Assist driving and road safety operation unit.
- Maintenance and control trips tickets and Carlog records.
- Raise online Assets CMR’s from /to the sectors.
- Monitors the constant availability of vehicles for temporary assignment in support of one-off and emergency
- Assist in conducting bi-annual physical inventory of transport assets in accordance with the established procedures and deadlines.
- Maintains records for transport assets, including records in fleet management databases.
- Conduct periodic, physical inspections on vehicles, to ensure they are maintained correctly, record vehicle conditions, detect and record any damages and loses.
- Assist in vehicles and assets handover process to UN individuals and AMISOM by maintaining proper registration and records.
- Assist/undertake in R&I & PDI process.
- Processes the vehicle write-off cases in accordance with the established procedures and deadlines
- Assists with conducting technical evaluations of bids received from potential suppliers.
- Oversee the workshop and VOR records in Umoja, prepares reports and submits them to Fleet maintenance unit for necessary action.
- Perform a variety of additional, ad-hoc tasks as and when required by the Chief Transport Officer and/ or his designated as required in accordance with UN policies and procedures.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Technical/Vocational diploma Education – Additional Comments:
High School diploma/certificate plus relevant certification/diploma or other academic qualifications or training in mechanical or automotive engineering maintenance.
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
Minimum of five (5) years experience
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Vehicle and fleet operation and maintenance, Multimodal transport, travel and dispatch management and Movement Control (MOVCON), Other transport related experience Area of expertise details:
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of a second UN language is an advantage.
- Proven Ability to work with computer software such as Words, Excel, Internet, Emails etc.
Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 14-06-2020.