Terms of Reference:
Technical Support on Building Reliable, Effective and Sustainable Digital Security and Communication Platforms for ANPPCAN-SOM
1. Organizational Background
Founded in 2018, African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse & Neglect-Somali Chapter (ANPPCAN-SOM) is a non-political, non-governmental and not-for-profit organization that is concerned with status of children and women in general and those in need of protection in particular. Our philosophy behind the establishment of the organization was to fight against all forms of child abuse, neglect and maltreatments in the society and establish a society where every child enjoys an environment where children’s rights are upholding without any reservations. It’s has been founded on such values as respect for child rights, full participation of a child and best interest of a child in line with participatory approach, team work, commitment and efficiency based on the principles and philosophy of co-ordination among all the stakeholders. not-for-profit and non-partisan organization concerned with status of children and women in general and those in need of protection in particular. It is affiliated with ANPPCAN, a Pan-African child rights organization with headquarter in Nairobi, Kenya.
The work will be undertaken under the supervision of Communications Manager in charge of the overall functionality and management of the organizational websites, and in close collaboration with the Meal Specialist and Director of Operations with close collaboration with Executive Director.
The consultant’s main tasks will be to propose, develop and implement all elements of the front-end user interface for several web-based initiatives. The website platforms will be the two organizational websites; Official organizational website (www.anppcansom.org), Somaliland Civil Society Network for Scaling-Up Nutrition website (www.somalilandcsnsun.net). All ANPCAN-SOM donor and partners shall feature on the websites accordingly.
3. Tasks and Deliverable
The web designer’s work and deliverable will include:
• Liaise with Communications Manager and senior management team to understand users’ needs and identify corresponding user interface requirements, workflows, and functionalities.
• Develop the user-friendly (both on the front and back end) design, layout, structure, all including strong visual language and a responsive design for the website.
• Develop an effective online donations platform for the organizational website.
• Enable the Communications Manager to update and upgrade the content of the organizational websites with most recent available information and resources pertaining to ANPPCAN-SOM and Scaling-up Nutrition
• Investigate and propose options to set-up and link ANPPCAN-SOM website to the Somaliland Ministry of Health Development website.
• Provide and non-profit organization system to store organization data, donors and donations list
• Ensure the communication manager shall take over the management of all of those systems.
• Carry out other relevant web-related tasks as requested.
4. Minimum Qualifications and Experience
· A university degree from an accredited educational institution in software development, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related discipline.
· A Minimum of 5 years of experience in web applications support and change & release management
· Good knowledge and sound understanding of IT fundamentals and technologies pertinent to creating business solutions (software development and testing, architecture, applications, databases, integration, infrastructure and networks);
· Experience in the implementation of web applications and public web sites
· Fluency in spoken and written English and Somali.
· Applying technical expertise;
· Experience in capturing user requirements and functional needs of web applications
· Must be technologically savvy, demonstrating the ability to easily adapt to new and unfamiliar technologies, software, and systems
· Must have a good understanding of business applications, technologies & software
· Experience in customer relationship management and customer support services;
· Strong ability to drive for results, to manage and deliver against multiple priorities
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent planning and organizing skills;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; verbal and written
· Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared
· Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes
· Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change
· Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth
· Flexibility and adaptability.
· High degree of initiative, dependability, personal integrity, handle confidential matters, show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
6. Desirable Qualifications
· Project participation experience
· Experience in performing database queries, extracts and imports
· Fluency in spoken and written English and Somali
7. Modalities for Contract
The duration shall be until 31 December 2020 for all the tasks above as consultancy.
Kindly mention your fee for the service unless you will be disqualified.
8. Application Submission
Interested applicants should send their full CV or company profile and a letter of interest to; email@example.com .Kindly include the total cost (fees) for the services. Applicants with no expected total cost (fees) shall be automatically being disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates or companies will be contacted. Applicants within Hargeisa,Somaliland shall be given priority. Deadline for receiving applications is Thursday 13 August, 2020. All applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis as received.