Re-advertised Supply Chain & Warehouse Assistant
Job Title: Re-advertised Supply Chain & Warehouse Assistant
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH, Governance and peacebuilding, GBV, Nutrition, education and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse, is a key position to quality Stores and inventory management and contributes to the delivery of supply chain functions in Mogadishu Field Office. The Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse, must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse – cleanliness, doors, locking, fittings and equipment.
- Implement safety procedures – air-conditioning systems, temperature controller, fire extinguisher,
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FEFO) procedures.
- Controls the overall operation of the warehouses to maintain standard
Record keeping and Inventory Management:
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse.
- Ensure all incoming inventory are verifies, delivery documents (Delivery Report, Waybill-In/out, Packaging list, Purchase Orders) filed and shared the final list with the Supply Chain Officer.
- Maintain the Warehouse register recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Maintain cold chain items in required condition – ensure refrigerators, freezers are working on daily basis
- Informs the Supply Chain Officer of any discrepancy in the accounting for the stock held.
- Ensure the incoming inventory entered into stock cards, excel database and bin cards updated immediately
- Ensure that Inventory to be released have approved store release, WB-Out, entered into the warehouse register and confirmed receipts of the destination.
- Ensure immediately after release of inventory, stocks and bin cards are updated, entered into excel database and release documents are filed.
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer about potential inventory shortage and other warehouse-specific issues to address
- Alert to the Supply Chain Officer and the Program team about drugs close to expiry and drugs sitting in the store longer
- Carry out physical inventory count before 2 months of respective grant ending, the year end all physical count and when need arises.
- Prepare and submit monthly warehouse report reports.
- Prepare and submit actual confirmation list of incoming supplies
- Prepare and submit ad hoc reports as required.
- Degree or Higher Diploma in pharmacy store management or business administration
- Medical background and understanding of medical logistics and storage of medical drugs Technical knowledge of warehousing.
- Minimum relevant work experience of two years
- Good mathematical skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, inter-personal, writing, and communication skills required
- Good computer skills (Complete MS Office package and any database management and analysis) REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Standards of Professional Conduct:The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.