Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- CTG is looking to hire an experienced Sampling Supervisor / QC / Trainer / Supervisor for one of our projects in Mogadishu, Somalia. Candidates applying for this role need to experiences in handling / analysing samples of blood, tissue & body fluids to determine chemical content, cell count, drug levels or blood type as well as search for specific microorganisms like bacteria or parasites etc.
- To increase testing for COVID-19, CTG & its partners are looking to significantly increase the number of centres where key workers can be tested. As the program ramps up further, additional testing support is needed at centres across Somalia.
- We are seeking to recruit individuals responsible for training / handling a team of Sampling Staff / Test Operatives / Swab Handlers undertaking COVID 19 swab testing at Mogadishu airport.
- The role of the selected staff is to train groups of Sampling Staff / Test Operatives / Swab Handlers in how to safely & correctly administer a throat & nasal swab test to key front line workers who visit the test site & supporting the overall testing process. The selected staff may also be required to support with testing individuals.
- Test swabs will be administered up the nose or down the back of the throat therefore, applicants need to be comfortable administering tests in this manner.
- This role reports to the Supervisor.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Medical experience and/or minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Healthcare experience.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine / Nursing or relevant course.
- Professional certification would be an added advantage.
- Good communications skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to use complex medical equipment.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Be on call & spend many hours standing.
- Experience working with members of the public / patients.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a supportive nature.
- Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles).
- Willingness to work outside.
- Commitment to the work & adhere to the strict guidelines & procedures required.
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English.
- Experience delivering procedural, clinical training or any face to face training is desirable.
- You must be over 18 & in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
Other relevant information:
- This role may be based globally & would require candidates to travel to countries that are directly affected most by COVID-19.
- This roles is being advertised for Roster / Talent building purposes & does not necessarily indicate immediate hiring.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.