Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.**
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Based in the various locations, the project Assistant will be responsible for working with the various communities in the day-to-day implementation of the project activities.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Organizing communities and stakeholders meetings, project related sensitization and sharing project activities and progress information.**
· Leading community discussions and the formation of the committees, training of the committees and providing them with the necessary support for the effective delivery of the project activities.
· In liaison with the program manager,plan the project activities and provide day-to-day supervision of the activities at the sites level.
· Work with the program manager and MEAL Officer in the field on project data collection
· Engage and lead community forums, update the community/target beneficiaries on project progress updates, document and address community concern where possible and ensure the community participate the activities implementation.
· Work with the program manager and Adeso technical team on continuous needs assessment, related data collection and managing surveys process at the community level.
· Regularly update and ensure the project activities in each location are completed within the planned timeframe
· Notify the Program Manager any challenges in the course of the project implementation
· Support Adeso technical program teams on the use of any communication or visibility materials.
· Ensure proper, wise and professional use of Adeso owned equipment and resources which includes but not limited to camera, computer, thuraya phones, GPS etc. but maximise use to the benefit of the target community, the organisation and the donor.
· Collect success stories, case studies on project impacts and share with Program Managerand communication team
· Using Adeso standard templates, compile mission, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly reports and contribute the project quarterly reports and activities updates
· Ability and willingness to travel to project areas within short notice.
· Regularly liaise with project stakeholders including the line ministry, MoPIC, others actors and related humanitarian clusters. Attend relevant coordination meetings and share updates
· Any other duties as directed by the ProgramManager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· At least Diploma in community development or other related field with a minimum of one to two years practical national experience is ideal;
· Minimum of two (2) years of relevant NGO experience at the national level is required.
· Previous community engagement experience is important
· Ability to work independently and under pressure
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish working relations with target communities and project team
· Candidates from the project areas who understand the region dynamics are preferred.
APPLICATION PROCESS **
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting “Project Assistant” in the email subject matter, by 25th June 2020.
Each application should be addressed to the Regional Human Resources Manager and include the following:
· An updated CV; and
· An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer.