Position: Programme Officer-Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER)**
Duty Station: Dollow,Gedo region, Jubaland Somalia
NCA Line Manager: Area Coordinator Gedo
Technical Manager: PMER Advisor**
Period of Contract: 1 year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance review
Start Date: Immediately
NCA is seeking a highly qualified and motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position.
Purpose of Position:
To support the PMER Advisor and programme team in implementing and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems for all project activities in Gedo.
Norwegian Church Aid is an independent humanitarian and ecumenical organization with headquarters in Oslo, Norway. Norwegian Church Aid works together with people and organizations across the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. NCA provides emergency assistance in disasters and works for long-term development in local communities. In order to address the root causes of poverty, NCA advocates for just decisions by public authorities, business and religious leaders. We help those whose needs are greatest, regardless of ethnicity, creed, political or religious affiliation.
NCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, one of the world’s largest humanitarian alliances, with presence in over 130 countries. The alliance consists of church-based organisations throughout the world and cooperates with organisations across religious faiths. We are now seeking an engaged colleague who will work with us “Together for a just world”.
NCA has been operating in Somalia since 1993. NCA Somalia’s country strategy 2020-2024 covers five thematic areas: Climate Resilient Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (CRWASH), Gender Based Violence (GBV), Peace Building, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment and Education for Sustainable Development (PB).
· Support the development of responsive and appropriate PMER plans, systems and database which integrate the cross-cutting targets and results across all programmes.
· Support the establishment and maintenance of standardized PMER tools and processes at all levels to ensure accurate and reliable data collection, validation, storage, analysis and consolidation in appropriate formats and timely reporting in compliance with NCA and donor requirements.
· Support partners in developing and maintaining PMER plans and systems and ensuring that partners are equipped with the required skills to undertake the plan and maintain the system.
· Identify staff and partners M&E gaps and needs and support development of PMER training programme.
· Promote all aspects of PMER to support the creation of an organisational culture which prioritises quality programming and promotes meaningful participation.
· Support proposal development processes by providing inputs to the Results Frame, M&E work plans and targets.
· Support the staff and partners in mobile data collection; using Kobo Collect.
· Support the program team to record and analyze monitoring data for reporting and timely communicate the results of analysis to inform program decision making
· Support the programme team to develop a contextualized Complaint and Response mechanism to improve current project implementation and guide future programming.
· Act as a focal point for CRM and ensure proper documentation.
· Ensure that the cross-cutting themes such as Gender, conflict, environment, human rights, UNSCR 1325 are integrated in the partners’ MEAL plans and systems.
· Ensure the accuracy of all data presented in reports to stakeholders including to local government units, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
· Actively contribute to programme development including digitization and innovation.
· Support the programme officers to prepare progress and final project reports based on accurate and evidence-based data.
· Coordinate programme related surveys, baselines, needs assessments, reviews and evaluations at field level.
· Identify, document, disseminate change stories, case studies, lessons learned, and best practices.
University degree in social science, statistics or other relevant fields.
· Minimum of five years’ experience, preferably in an international NGO, in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
· Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
· Strong data collection and collation skills, processing, analysis and report writing.
· Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
· Demonstrated experience of implementing Complaint and Response mechanism.
· High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
· Preferred knowledge of mobile data collection tools such as Kobo Collect
· Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
· Working Knowledge on Results Based Management (RBM), Do No Harm (DNH) and Core Humanitarian Standards.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in both English and Somali required).
· Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages such as SPSS, Epi Info, Power Bi etc.
· Strong training and facilitation skills for various groups at multiple skill levels.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team.
· Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Gedo region of Somalia.
· Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
· Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
Applicants, who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should submit an application letter indicating current and expected remuneration, a detailed C.V. and copies of their certificates and any other supporting documents to:
email@example.com by 7th June 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
NCA is an equal opportunity employer and women, people with disabilities, and those from marginalized backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.