Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- CTG is looking to hire an experienced Medical Technologist for one of our projects in Mogadishu, Somalia. Candidates applying for this role need to experiences in handling / analysing samples of blood, tissue & body fluids to determine chemical content, cell count, drug levels or blood type as well as search for specific microorganisms like bacteria or parasites etc.
The day to day duties of a Medical Technologist include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic & chemical tests & their results. Some tasks that a Medical Technologist might be asked to perform could include:
- Preparing cultures of tissue samples.
- Establishing & monitoring programs that ensure data accuracy.
- Microscopically examining slides of bodily fluids.
- Cross matching blood for transfusions.
- Chemically analysing blood or urine for toxic components.
- Analysing lab reports for accuracy.
- Operating & calibrating equipment.
- Delivering test results to physicians, researchers or patients.
- Collecting & studying blood samples to determine morphology.
- This role reports to the Supervisor.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Medical experience and/or minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Healthcare experience.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or Allied Health Technologies.
- Professional certification would be an added advantage.
- Good communications skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to use complex medical equipment.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Be on call & spend many hours standing.
Other relevant information:
- This role may be based globally & would require candidates to travel to countries that are directly affected most by COVID-19.
- This roles is being advertised for Roster / Talent building purposes & does not necessarily indicate immediate hiring.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.