SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming USAID/KEA single holder award under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities through the five-year USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative Task Order. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across Somalia, through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information. Through visits to USAID/Somalia supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to understand the successes and challenges on the ground quickly, and to take prompt action if needed.
SI seeks a full-time Nairobi-based local Senior Evaluation Lead who will be responsible for the overall management and functioning of all evaluation, assessment, survey, and special study tasks, as well as related cross-cutting tasks under this activity. The Evaluation Lead will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the project period of performance.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan or Somali citizenship will be considered.
- Oversee evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality, and final deliverables of all evaluation reports and any evaluations, assessments, surveys, and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Ensure that short- and long-term evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the overall evaluation effort, and in conjunction with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), help support the Mission’s IPs as learning and adaptive partners for all USAID’s assistance efforts in Kenya and Somalia.
- Work with Chief of Party (COP), DCOP, Monitoring and Verification Team Lead, ensuring that evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
- Support the USAID/Kenya’s staff in accessing strategic learning tools, as well as in providing guidance and support to the activity’s evaluation services component including but not limited to knowledge mobilization and knowledge management mechanisms.
- Provide support, leadership, and technical expertise the activity to ensure that the activity meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, and a minimum of seven years professional work experience in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations including impact and performance, analyses, and assessments.
- Proven skills in evaluation design, methods, quantitative, and qualitative methodologies and analysis.
- Excellent quantitative data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, among others.
- Excellent qualitative data analysis skills including command of at least one coding software/program for qualitative data (Dedoose, NVivo, AtlasTi, etc).
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
- Experience providing training and mentoring for groups of various sizes and one-on-one on evaluation- related subjects.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts desired.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability; Somali language proficiency.
- Must have an understanding of Somali culture and operating environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Somalia as needed.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply to the position, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA…
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.