Local Human Resources and Recruitment Specialist, USAID/Somalia Monitoring, Verification and Reporting Project, Somalia
SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming USAID/KEA single holder award under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities through the five-year USAID/Somalia MV&R Activity Task Order. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across Somalia, through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information. Through visits to USAID/Somalia supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to understand the successes and challenges on the ground quickly, and to take prompt action if needed.
SI is seeking a full-time Local Human Resources and Recruitment Specialist to support human resources tasks for local field office staff, as well as conduct full-cycle recruitment for short-term consultant and long-term employee positions for the project. The position will be full-time over the duration of the project, and will be based in Nairobi.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan citizenship will be considered.**
- On- and offboard project employees, including arranging and conducting orientations for new staff and exit interviews.
- Set up employee benefits.
- Manage social, health, and unemployment insurance as applicable.
- Manage employee files, maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Ensure proper compliance and protocols are being followed per local labor laws, SI policies, and USAID/Kenya policies.
- Develop HR programs, including employee engagement and professional development initiatives.
- Lead full-cycle recruitment of Kenyan and Somali consultants for monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities requested by USAID, typically within a two-week timeframe. This includes:
- Posting job advertisements to appropriate job boards and newspapers.
- Conducting recruitment using SI’s applicant tracking system and recruitment platform.
- Ensuring the SI recruitment database, Taleo, is kept up to date with all candidate documentation, correspondence, interview notes, and statuses.
- Sourcing qualified candidates; networking with partners to increase SI’s pool of candidates.
- Screening for candidate skills, background, and quality.
- Setting up interviews for qualified candidates with other project staff members.
- Gathering and organizing candidate documents for offers and client approval.
- Conducting verification of candidate references and salaries and referencing Local Compensation Plan to determine and issue reasonable salary/rate offers.
- Maintaining strong relationships with candidates.
- Lead full-cycle recruitment when a replacement is needed for Kenyan and Somali project employees.
- Work closely with SI HQ to ensure processes are being followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- At least five years of human resources experience, including experience with recruitment, preferably with an international organization or company.
- Must be fully comfortable and have prior experience using online applicant systems and candidate databases as a recruitment tool.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must have an understanding of Somali culture and operating environment.
- Oral and written English fluency required; professional fluency in Somali desired.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects in a similar capacity preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.