Immunization Specialist (Polio transition), P-3, Mogadishu, Somalia, #114225 – Temporary Appointment (364 days) (INTERNAL VACANCY)
Job no: 533396
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Somalia Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Modagishu Zonal Office
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Health
How can you make a difference?
1. Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective programme planning, development and management.
2. Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Polio transition and other immunisation strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
3. Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong technical leadership.
4. Polio transition programme implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
5. Technical support is provided to government and NGOs and private providers at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
6. The capacities of Zone Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Polio transition.
7. UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector.
8. Effective partnership and collaboration achieved and maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, programme coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
9. The most relevant and strategic information is provided to support the polio transition by the effective implementation of integrated immunization surveillance and monitoring system.
10. All required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
11. Emergency preparedness, detection and response capacities are maintained, and emergency responses with effective coordination is provided.
12. Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively performed.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Background/familiarity with Emergency/Fragile Country settings is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This advert is open only to all personnel with an ongoing employment relationship with UNICEF, including staff members on a continuing, fixed term and temporary appointment, individual contractors and full-time time-based consultants, and UNV. It does not include interns and employees of external entities performing duties for UNICEF.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Aug 02 2020 E. Africa Standard Time Application close: Aug 15 2020 E. Africa Standard Time