Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
CTG is looking to hire Somali national Cleaners specialising in the below functions:
- Cleaning – Laundry x 4 people required.
- Cleaning – Autoclave x 4 people required.
- Cleaning – Waste Handling / Medical Waste Handling x 4 people required.
- Cleaning – Medical Cleaners x 4 people required.
Cleaning – Laundry:
- Knowledgeable in doing cleaning activities within a hospital laundry.
- Experiences in handling laundry machines.
- Understands clearly guidelines from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Cleaning – Autoclave
- Knowledge of reusable surgical instrumentation, micro surgical instrumentation & power equipment.
- Knowledge & operation of sterile processing equipment (washers, steam, gas, ultrasonic & chemical sterilisers).
- Knowledge of cleaning of patient care equipment including but not limited to IV pumps, PCAs, CPM machines, Pneumatic pumps, hypo / hyperthermia units.
Cleaning – Waste Handling / Medical Waste Handling
- Experienced in handling medical & non medical waste within a hospital premises.
- Ensures the most appropriate & safe methods of collecting, handling & disposing of a range of medical / non medical waste materials from the hospital premises.
Cleaning – Medical Cleaners:
- Cleaning, stocking & supplying designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc.).
- Performing & documenting routine inspection & maintenance activities.
- Carry out heavy cleaning tasks & special projects.
- This role reports to the Supervisor.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Completion of Secondary School education.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of demonstrable relevant cleaning activities withing a hospital; / clinical environment (Laundry / Autoclave / Medical & Non-Medical Waste Management / Medical Cleaning) or relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Somali & working knowledge of English is desirable.
Other relevant information:
- This role may be based globally & would require candidates to travel to countries that are directly affected most by COVID-19.
- This roles is being advertised for Roster / Talent building purposes & does not necessarily indicate immediate hiring.