CARE International is an international NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering and displacement caused by drought, conflict, floods and disease outbreaks among others . We invite applications from experienced and talented individuals for the position of Admin Officer based in Mogadisho.
Job Title: Admin Officer
Department: Program Support
Supervisor/Title: Admin Manager
This position is responsible for General Administration and Facilities, Office and Guesthouse management, Travel, Liaison and Events, Asset and transport management. S/he is also responsible for lease/service contracts within the administration department.
2. ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
General Administration, logistics and facilities management
· Responsible for the management of staff and visitor’s accommodation
· Responsible for management of transport in the office in according to the Transport policy
· Ensure proper management of vehicle fleet (CARE owned and hired) including fuel management, vehicle repair, maintenance
· Responsible for office and guesthouse maintenance including cleaning and general staff wellbeing
· Ensure there is appropriate office furniture is in place, including office space and sitting arrangements
· Ensure communication facilities are in place
· Ensure there is enough supplies for office use including stationery, equipment as well as tea and water for staff use
· Ensure that staff work in a conducive environment where there is enough aeration, lighting and free from occupational dangers like loose cables and equipment/ furniture and supplies not appropriately arranged
· Ensure that updated and complete administration filing system is maintained
Asset and Inventory management
· Manage asset and inventory including supporting annual physical verifications in collaboration with the Admin Manager
· Ensure there is an accurate and up to date Mogadishu office property asset register is maintained as per the policy**
· Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.**
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
· Relevant professional qualification in Administration.
· At least 4 years of Administration experience with international NGOs
· Strong understanding of the context and in-depth skills required to handle pressure as situations demand.
· Competent in Microsoft word, power point and Excel program
· Fluent in English both oral and written
· A team player with good organizational and interpersonal skills
· Personal initiative, proactive, reliable and ability to coordinate, control and plan. Able to work with limited supervision
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in a one PDF document to SOM.Recruitment@care.org by referring the job title ”Admin Officer ” as the subject line of the email, latest on Tuesday, 11th August 2020.**
all applications should be accompanied by a CV with a minimum of three traceable and recent references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
CARE is Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitation and abuses